Aims & Mission
Neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) present numerous complex clinical problems and thereby significantly contribute to morbidity and health costs in all European countries.
Due to their relatively rare occurrence, research and patient care guidelines, until recently, have been lacking. ENETS focuses on these issues.
ENETS' goals include
- improving the diagnosis and therapy of patients with neuroendocrine tumors in an international, interdisciplinary and scientific context
- the coordination of research at European hospitals and health research institutes, with emphasis on basic and clinical research for the diagnosis and treatment of NETs
- the education and training of physicians and scientists via annual scientific and educational meetings
- communicating with and informing patients and patient self-help groups
- cooperating with the pharmaceutical industry for the development of new diagnostic, therapeutic and information technologies
- the updating of treatment and standards of care guidelines which are to be made public through conferences and the ENETS website
- establishment of a European database of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors