Journal of Neuroendocrinology (JNE)
Journal of Neuroendocrinology – JNE – is the new home journal of ENETS.
Please find the latest news of JNE here:
Insulin 100 – celebrating neuroendocrine research after 100 years of insulin
This year marks the centenary of the discovery of insulin. Over the last 100 years, this discovery has changed the lives of millions. Journal of Neuroendocrinology is celebrating with a Special Issue focusing on insulin action in the brain and the wider role of the brain in the control of whole-body glucose homeostasis.
The Special Issue features 19 state-of-the-art reviews and professionally illustrated figures that are free to use with credit. Guest editors include Associate Professor Zane Andrews (Monash University, Australia) and Professor David Grattan (University of Otago, New Zealand).
Topics covered in the Special Issue reviews:
- The discovery of insulin
- How insulin acts in the brain
- Insulin and the central regulation of energy balance
- Insulin action beyond the hypothalamus and into the future
- Neuroendocrine role of insulin in areas such as cognition, mood and motivation
Here you will find the Special Issue: ‘Insulin 100 – celebrating neuroendocrine research after 100 years of insulin’. A Special Issue of review articles to mark the centenary of the discovery of insulin.
You may also be interested in:
- Video interview with Special Issue Editors: Interview with Journal of Neuroendocrinology Insulin 100 Special Issue Editors
- Some professional figures: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/13652826/homepage/resource-gallery