NET classification and medical treatments of PanNET
The CME webinar course is provided by ENETS and based on the ENETS annual conference Postgraduate (PG) talks/webcasts from 2017.
The aim is to learn about:
- Epidemiology and outcome of NENs
- Molecular grounds and hereditary syndromes related to NENs, including screening indications and procedures
- Diagnosis and classification of GEP-NENs
- Multidisciplinary management of digestive and thoracic NENs in clinical practice, including recommendations for care and clinical guidelines.
Webinar will include
Two PG talks/webcasts, webinar course material (slides and references), an assessment and evaluation.
Length of webinar
Date of webinar
Begin: 04 December 2017
End: 04 December 2019
1 European CME credit (ECMEC)
Professor Rocio Garcia-Carbonero, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain.
Professor Aurel Perren, Institute of Pathology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland.
The webinar is free of advertising.
This webinar is intended for primary care physicians, physician assistants, and scientists in advanced clinical training (postgraduate) with an explicit interest in the treatment of gastroenteropatic neuroendocrine tumors.
Specialty fields are gastroenterology, oncology, endocrinology, pathology, as well as radiology, nuclear medicine and surgery, as there is a specific need of interdisciplinarity in neuroendocrine tumors.
The webinar is easy to use and can be accessed via any internet-capable device (PC, Notebook, Tablet) on the Operating Systems Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android. The supported web browsers are Internet Explorer 9+, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari. All Browsers (except for Internet Explorer) are supported in the latest and second latest version.
Part 1 - Presenter: Prof. Rocio Garcia-Carbonero
- Epidemiology and prognosis of Pancreatic NENs
- Therapeutic aims of medical therapy
- Safety and efficacy of available antiproliferative treatment options: somatostatin analogues, sunitinib, everolimus, chemotherapy
- Considerations to select therapy in a particular patient
- Therapeutic algorythm for advanced pancreatic NENs: ENETS Guidelines
- Open issues (treatment duration, combination, sequence) and future challenges (precision medicine)
Part 2 - Presenter: Prof. Aurel Perren
- Concept of differentiation and grading
- WHO 2017 classification