Join us for the next ENETS webinar on ABC in NEN on Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Dear colleagues and friends,
Welcome to the "exciting and adventurous" world of neuroendocrine neoplasms (NEN)!
These clinical entities are not as rare as it was previously thought, and we are sure that you have started seeing them more frequently in your daily practice. Therefore, we feel that some basic knowledge on how to characterise a neuroendocrine neoplasm and how to arrange a proper diagnostic work-up in those patients could be very useful, especially for younger colleagues and collaborators.
The ENETS Education Board is delighted to offer a webinar on "ABC in NEN".
When: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Time: 18:00 – 19:30 Central European Time (CET)
A panel of experts from multiple disciplines will deliver short presentations and there will be a panel discussion including clinical cases as well.
For more information, please visit our website.
We look forward to seeing you there online!
On behalf of the entire ENETS Executive Committee and the ENETS educational programme working group,
E. Baudin and C. Toumpanakis.
Introduction agenda and speakers
PART 1: How to characterise NEN / Implications on the choice of treatment
- A pathologist's perspective
- How to recognise a NET from a NEC
- How to recognise a pheo/paraganglioma
- WHO classification
- A radiologist's perspective
- How to perform a staging with conventional imaging
- TNM classification
- A nuclear medicine physician's perspective
- Which PET for which patient for primary detection, staging or theragnostic applications
- A clinician's perspective - PART 1
- Functioning syndromes, non-functioning tumors and biomarkers
- How not to miss an MTC or a pheo/paraganglioma
- A clinician's perspective - PART 2
- Recapitulate NECs, including biomarkers
- A clinician's perspective - PART 3
- When to think about inherited syndromes and risk factors
- What are the implications of NEN charactierisation on the choice of treatment?
- Surgeon's perspective
- Physician's perspective
PART 2: Panel discussion including clinical cases
Q&A's related to above-listed topics as well as:
- Examples of misclassifications and difficult classifications
- Metastatic NET of unknown primary
- NEC challenges
- Pancreatic NEN associated with MEN-1
The ENETS webinar series 2021 is provided by ENETS for its members and the wider NET community. All webinars are free of charge.
All webinars will be made available on the ENETS website after the event.