Information for Trainers
What requirements must trainers meet?
- The trainers must be specialists active in the practice, with personal responsibility for the management of patients with NEN.
- Within a training center there should be a team of specialists, each with subspecialty expertise and able to supervise and train a trainee.
- Allied specialties must be present to a sufficient extent to provide the trainee with the opportunity of developing his/her skills in a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Although no specific trainee/trainer ratio is required, there should be a minimum of two trainers in a training center, possibly including non-medical healthcare professionals.
- Specialist staff appointed to a training center will have completed all training requirements themselves and will have been trained also in teaching and mentoring trainee staff, and in multidisciplinary team working.