Concept 1: To make database capture compatible with real life
Solution: 3 levels of data capture
Level 1 - Minimal dataset – 80 - 100 items
- Designed so that all necessary data can be entered within 15 minutes
- Is best suited for new patients with prospective data collection
- Suitable to test the feasibility of studies
- Provides answers on the “epidemiology of experts centers”
Level 2 - Extended dataset – 250 items
- This dataset is designed to cover 80% of data needed for any kind of study
- Data is expected to be captured within a vast majority of (>80%) of level 3 studies
- Or on a routine basis based on local NEN referral center decision
- Ideally, the extended and minimum datasets should be captured at the same time
Level 2, in the DB section “additional” – approx. 50 items:
- This section will evolve over time
- Information (including comorbidities, adverse events, if tissue has been stored in a biobank) is expected to be captured within the majority (>50%) of level 3 studies
- Or on a routine basis based on the decision of the local NEN referral center.
Level 3 – A variety of specialised datasets that will be developed and are project driven.
- Level 3 datasets are based on levels 1 and 2.
- In each project, existing items (of levels 1 and 2) are used and new required items are programmed in addition.